I teach at the University of New Hampshire (faculty page).
I am currently serving on the Board of Directors of the Ecological Research as Education Network (EREN).
I recently served as Secretary of the Communication & Engagement Section of the Ecological Society of America (bio).
Hettinger, Merkle, Schwarz, Bayer, Whalen, and Purrenhage. (2019). Human Dimensions: Communication and Engagement, Where Ecology and Human Dimensions Meet. Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America, November 2019. https://doi.org/10.1002/bes2.1641
Courses I currently teach at the University of New Hampshire:
- LSA 401: Connect STEM – Scientific Research Immersion
- NR 417: Sophomore Seminar in Wildlife & Conservation Biology
- NR 435(H): Contemporary Conservation Issues & Environmental Awareness
- NR 650: Principles of Conservation Biology
- NR 740/840: Inventory & Monitoring of Ecological Communities
- COMING SOON … NR 508: Science Communication & Engagement